We publish a monthly newsletter full of interesting tidbits and stories about the club's many events and adventures.
Welcome to the Oakland Astronomy Club Website!
March 2020 Events: The March Oakland Astronomy Club Meeting will be held at 7 PM on Sunday, March 8.
Meeting: March 8, 7 PM, Dinosaur Hill Nature Center, 333 Northhill Circle, Rochester MI (Map)
Addison Oaks Public Viewing Nights With Our 17½" Telescope (Directions):
Our Club Is Located in Oakland County, Michigan
March 20-21; Gary Dietz 248.425.5753
April 17-18; John Pannuto 248.462.0911
Normally we commit to one of the two nights of a weekend for public viewing (weather permitting). Please call the designated observer beforehand to find out which night and what time he will be available.
Click for====> CURRENT MONTH NEWSLETTER
Welcome! We hope your experience on our website is enjoyable, informative, and problem-free. We all look forward to seeing you at the next club function!
Who are we? Well, apart from our mission statement below:
- We are based in Southeast Michigan's Oakland County.
- We operate a semi-dark sky observing site at Addison Oaks County Park, which is the home of the club's 17.5" dobsonian telescope.
- We publish a monthly newsletter full of interesting tidbits and stories about the club's many events and adventures.
- We put on educational programs for local schools, parks, and other organizations, including Star Parties!
- Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Astronomy. You don't need to own optical equipment to join - everyone from complete beginners to grizzled veterans are most certainly welcome!
- We have meetings at 7:00 PM on the second Sunday of every month except May, open to the public, for the exchange of knowledge, information, and interesting discussions concering all aspects of Astronomy. Meetings are held at the Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve in Rochester, Michigan.
Interested in becoming a member? Fill out the Membership Form to request more free information or contact the Club President.
The Oakland Astronomy Club, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with the following registered purpose:
"To provide astronomical education through ownership and operation of facilities for the benefit of the general public, both youth and adult; to make available instructors for the conduct of seminars and class room education, which shall be available to other institutions of learning, public and private, as well as programs for the general public; to do research and study in the science of astronomy; to receive, administer and disburse funds for the furtherance of its educational purposes as well as for other charitable, philanthropic and scientific purposes for the public good and welfare and for no other purposes."